Saturday, April 26, 2014

“Who Am I…?”



"I am not my title"
 
The world defines people by the title they hold and often times we take on the worlds definition of who we are and that's an emotional and spiritual roller coaster that I just can't ride.

I'm gave up the need to say look at me, at what I have done, my value, worth and identity is in Jesus not in what I have done because the truth is, we can do nothing without him anyway.



 

"I am not what I have"

I refuse to let  things  determine my identity. The square footage of my house, what kind of hand bag I carry  to what kind of car I drive. I'm not a hater, it's a blessing to have nice things, I just know that we are blessed to be a blessing.


                                                     
                                                     "I am not my looks"




Most of us brown girls struggled at some point in our lives with having dark skin because the world told us we were not pretty.  I say to my brown sisters, God created you on purpose and loves you so you should love you too.

We all want to look good and that's all good but I won't get caught up in the world's ideas of what's pretty ... Let's have a pretty heart.


I am loved by Jesus ...

 

 

 


 

1 comment: